Gummy Smile Treatment
Reasons to Treat Your Gummy Smile With Laser Technology:
Laser Treatment For Gum Disease
If you have a great deal of gum tissue visible on your upper teeth, you may have what dentists call excessive gingival display, which is more commonly known as a gummy smile. At Smile Atelier Beverly Hills, our team of dental professionals can provide you with the latest treatments that can help you obtain a smile that will attract only the right kind of attention.
What Causes A Gummy Smile?
Gummy smiles are often caused by the way your teeth and jaw bone developed. Moreover, overactive muscles on your upper lip can cause it to curl up higher when you smile, exposing more of your gums. While a gummy smile is mostly a cosmetic problem, it could also be a sign of a misaligned or improper bite, which may require other dental procedures.
Smile Atelier Beverly Hills can eliminate a gummy smile with our state-of-the-art Lase technology. Laser dentistry works by combining laser energy and water to gently and safely remove the excessive gum tissue on your upper teeth. That way, our highly skilled and experienced dental professionals can improve your smile and reshape your front teeth with precision.
Dr. Borzoo Ahmadi can help you love your smile! For more information about our gummy smile treatment, feel free to call us at the number found on this page or send us an e-mail through our contact page. Our friendly and gentle team of outstanding dental professionals looks forward to helping you get a smile worth grinning about!”
Seven Benefits Of Treating Gum Disease With A Laser
As necessary as gum surgery may be, it’s often painful, debilitating and lengthy. However, a new laser-technology, called Periolase, may offer a superior alternative. Here are seven benefits of treating gum disease with a laser.
Half of Americans have periodontal (gum) disease, according to the American Academy of Periodontology. While mild gum disease can be corrected with proper oral hygiene, like brushing and flossing, severe periodontal disease normally requires more extensive treatment.
Severe gum disease, known as Periodontitis, occurs when gum health is neglected for so long that the gums develop deep pockets between the tissue and bone, which can eventually lead to tooth loss.
Moreover, these pockets become easily infected. Without manually removing the infection, it can actually spread throughout your jaw, eventually making its way to your eyes and brain. In the most severe cases, this can lead to blindness and even death.
Normally, dentists recommend gum surgery to remove the infection and treat Periodontitis. Unfortunately, that normally involves a fairly invasive procedure, including slicing, sutures, and a lengthy/painful recovery time.
A Periolase Millennium Dental Laser, on the other hand, provides the same – or better – results, without the invasiveness of surgery. Instead, it inserts a tiny laser fiber – approximately the thickness of three hairs – between the tooth and the gums to clear away the infection.
If you have severe gum disease and are searching for the best treatment option, here are seven benefits of using Periolase over surgery.
7 Reasons to Treat Your Gum Disease With Periolase Technology
1. No cutting – Periolase doesn’t cut into your gums like surgery, which also removes the need for sutures.
2. Less discomfort – Most patients find Periolase to be far less painful – during and after the procedure – than surgery. The procedure is so non-invasive that it only requires local anesthetics (numbing), as opposed to the general anesthetics (sleeping) associated with surgery.
3. Shorter procedure – Periolase only takes two, 2-hour visits to complete as well as two follow-up appointments. Conversely, surgery generally requires four, 1-hour sessions along with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ins.
4. Better results – We’ve found that laser treatment creates longer-lasting results. In fact, 98 percent of patients remain stable at least five years after the procedure.
5. Few diet restrictions – A dentist may recommend a soft diet for a couple of days, but in most cases, patients feel healthy enough to eat anything immediately after the procedure.
6. Short recovery time – Recovery from gum surgery can take between 2-4 weeks, and often includes considerable swelling and pain. Periolase’s recovery time is less than 24 hours. Many patients even find they’re able to return to work immediately following the procedure.
7. Safe for all patients – Periolase is safe for all patients, including those with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as aspirin or Plavix.
You don’t need to undergo the pain of surgery to treat your gum disease. Consider the seven benefits of Periolase’s laser technology, and how it can treat Periodontitis better and more comfortably than conventional gum surgery.