There are a number of fixtures, appliances, and devices used in dentistry to treat different problems. Ideally, inventors and dental experts come with refined ways, each year, of treating different conditions. In modern dentistry, the emphasis on aesthetics has increased. The space of cosmetic dentistry has since attracted a lot of attention among patients. People are willing to try out different things to ensure their smiles are brighter and more appealing by the day. It is why porcelain veneers exist in dental practices today.
What Are Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are used in dentistry as appliances to improve the appearance of teeth. Usually, they are thin layers of porcelain material placed over damaged teeth to cover various dental flaws. For patients that are very conservative, veneer teeth are a suitable dental option for improving their smiles. Compared to other dental treatments, dental veneers are not invasive and do not require long hours on the dentist’s chair.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
There must be a reason why dentists are freely recommending dental veneers for cosmetic elevation in dentistry. Most of those reasons are inclined toward the different oral problems that the veneers can change with only a few tweaks. Some of them include:
- Chipped or broken teeth – when part of your tooth’s enamel is broken, it is not an appealing appearance, especially for the front teeth. Veneers can be shaped according to the broken part of your tooth to restore its shape.
- Discolored teeth – some stains on teeth are very stubborn. Given that several reasons can cause teeth to be discolored, it is not everyone’s teeth that will brighten up after teeth whitening services. In such situations, the dentist will suggest oral veneers as a solution for covering the stains on your teeth.
- Gaps between teeth – it is one thing to have gaps following the loss of teeth, but a different story when you have all your teeth intact. Sometimes teeth can be smaller than the space on your jaw. Other times, teeth can grow in unusual ways. Such situations will leave gaps in your teeth that are not appealing. Instead of going through the long process of orthodontics to close the gaps, patients can opt for dental veneers.
- Misshapen teeth – when teeth grow unusually, they can take strange shapes that are not standard to how teeth should look. For such situations, veneers can be used to improve the shapes of teeth and provide an even arc.
- Peculiarly short teeth – some people have unusually short teeth. Whether it is due to genetics or excessive teeth grinding, short teeth are not the best-looking kinds of teeth. They can make your gums look bigger and longer than they are. Teeth veneers are used to lengthen the appearance of teeth and make them sightlier than they are.
Why Choose Dental Veneers?
Granted, dental veneers in West Hollywood, CA are widely used in cosmetic dentistry. However, given the variety of appliances available in dentistry, you may wonder why porcelain veneers near you are the better option. Some of the underlying benefits of porcelain veneers are:
Cosmetic advantage – the porcelain veneers before and after results are very distinct. It is clear why anyone would want to insist on veneers for their teeth. Besides, as mentioned above, a dentist near you will use veneers to correct a myriad of dental flaws that would otherwise require several procedures to achieve.
Non-invasive method – veneers do not interfere much with the natural structure of your teeth. Technically, only a small part of your enamel is shaped to create room for the veneers. They are thin materials that do not take up a lot of space in the mouth. Therefore, convenient for patients.
Painless procedure – other than minor feelings of sensitivity a few days after your procedure, you will not experience any pain when dental veneers are bonded to your teeth.
Do Veneers Last A Long Time?
Veneers, when compared to other dental appliances, do not last very long. They cannot be considered a permanent solution to dental flaws and problems. With time, the thin layer of porcelain can start to peel off. However, since it is a cosmetic solution, it is a pleasant and suitable solution for people looking to improve their smiles for a while. Depending on how careful you are with taking care of your teeth, the veneers can last up to five years.