Orthodontic treatment has been available for years. However, the treatment was more common among children until Invisalign® clear aligners came around. In this blog, we will answer the most common questions about invisible teeth aligners to help you make an informed decision. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
What is Invisalign®?
It is an orthodontic approach that uses removable and clear aligners. The aligners work pretty much like traditional metal braces. However, there are many differences between metal braces and clear aligners. The Invisalign material is FDA-approved and gluten-free, so you have nothing to worry about.
What Are the Differences Between Metal Braces and Invisalign?
There are several differences between clear aligners and braces. These differences include:
- Clear aligners do not use brackets like traditional braces.
- Traditional braces are highly noticeable since they are made of metal, while clear aligners are discreet since they are transparent.
- Metal braces are fixed, while Invisalign aligners are removable.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Clear aligners apply gentle pressure to your teeth in various areas. Each aligner is attentively designed to make adjustments to your teeth without causing pain or discomfort.
You should remove the aligners while having your meals or drinking. That’s not to say that you should wear them at night when you don’t have to eat or drink anything. It is recommended to wear aligners at least 22 hours a day.
You should replace your aligners every two weeks for the best performance. Your dentist will give you the replacements and teach you how to replace them. It’s not hard, and you should be able to do it yourself. After all, you will be removing the aligners every day while eating.
Why Choose Invisalign Over Traditional Braces?
- Clear aligners are removable, meaning you can have all your favorite foods without worrying that you are compromising the treatment. Just make sure to remove the aligners while eating and drinking anything that is not water.
- Clear aligners are easier to maintain since you will continue with your care routine. Be sure to rinse them before putting them back in the mouth.
- Clear aligners are more flexible and comfortable than metal braces.
- You will be aware of what to expect from the treatment because the dentist will show you a picture of how your teeth will look like after the treatment.
- Clear aligners’ treatment is discreet, so no one will need to know you are under treatment.
What Is The Best Teeth Aligners?
There are different types of clear aligners, but Invisalign is by far the best option. Invisalign has been around for more than 30 years. In that time, there have been several studies showing the effectiveness of the treatment. Also, thousands of people have used Invisalign to correct minor and complex orthodontic problems. Talk to us if you require clear aligners in Beverly Hills, CA.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
Typically, the duration of the treatment will be determined by the extent of your problem. If your issue is severe, it might take up to three years. If your issue is minor, it can take as little as six months. The dentist will give you an estimated duration at the beginning of the treatment. You can talk to us if you are looking for a dentist in Beverly Hills, CA.
Does It Hurt?
Hurt is a big word to describe the discomfort you will probably experience during the placement of the aligners. The dentist will try as much as possible to ensure that you feel comfortable during the procedure. After the procedure, you will likely experience some discomforts, but they should be gone within a few days. Your dentist will give you tips to navigate through these discomforts.
Will I Need To Give Up Some Foods With Clear Aligners Treatment?
No. Since the aligners are removable, you can have all your favorite foods at any time. However, you should continue maintaining proper hygiene.
Smile Atelier Beverly Hills
If you are looking for cosmetic dental services in Beverly Hills, you are in the right place. We are a fully-dedicated cosmetic dental clinic, and we assure you of high-quality cosmetic services. Book an appointment or call us for more information.